Hybrid Vote in the Amarin - Sarissa Capital Board of Directors proxy battle
Folks ranting to turn Amarin Board of Director control over to the Sarissa Capital hedge fund are misguided at best, and, more likely, just plain stooges (paid or otherwise). Their most tenable argument appears to be that Sarissa is not Amarin management, and therefore must be better. They prefer to look at a single data point to gauge Sarissa's likelihood of success with Amarin and ignore all of Sarissa's non-successes, like Innoviva where Sarissa has controlled the Board for five years with a sharp decline in the market capitalization/share value.
Another of the stooges' main arguments is that because Amarin management refused to join with a shareholder grievance group that unsuccessfully promulgated a completely bogus fraud claim against the generics company that won a patent dispute everyone should vote against Amarin BoD. So basically, Amarin didn't want to associate their name with the Marjorie Taylor Greene of shareholder groups in a frivolous lawsuit and somehow that should be held against them. Really. Another stooge justification is they should be listened to because they are super-sophisticated investors. Not so sophisticated they didn't lose on their Amarin investment; but hey, let's overlook that little fact.
How to vote on Sarissa Amarin proxy. Sarissa does not deserve anything approaching full control of the Board. Their track record does not warrant it, and c'mon, they are a hedge fund. But Amarin needs to be shaken up. If Sarissa can't negotiate with Amarin with four selected directors on the board, how the hell were they going to negotiate with country reimbursement boards or a Big Pharma company: Vote SkyBlue.
1) Throw out Per Wold-Olsen as Chair of BoD (he's a dinosaur)
2) Vote for Patrice Bonfiglio (She will be Denner's coveted mouthpiece)
3) Vote for Dr. Paul Cohen (he's qualified; at least semi-independent)
4) Vote against Mark DiPaolo (he has shown his worthlessness on Innoviva board.)
5) Abstain on Keith Horn (don't need more yes-men)
6) Vote against Odysseas Kostas (worthless on Innoviva board)
7) Vote for Louis Sterling (smart; will ensure communities of color are a CV focus)
8) Vote for Diane Sullivan (fine background)
VOTE Sky Blue for an improved Amarin.
|return to message board, top of board|
|Msg #||Subject||Author||Recs||Date Posted|
|9161||Re: Hybrid Vote in the Amarin - Sarissa Capital Board of Directors proxy battle||tastygreenwafers||1||2/12/2023 11:43:32 AM|