When/if this stock pops, what to do? Sell to avoid the inevitable fall and uncertainty, or get out gradually to minimize tax cost? I would like to sell at least half of my shares when/if we get the pop (never let $330/s go by again). But the capital gains (even long term) will play havoc with my tax profile.
If a BP took us via a share swap, I could make a controlled exit, or hold longer since the BP share prices would be relatively stable. So I would not mind suddenly becoming a Pfizer of Glaxo shareholder.