- A weatherman reported on the radio that it will rain tonight.
- My friend heard the report and told me about it.
- But when I told someone about it it was a lie because it was third hand.
- It rained that night.
- My friend and I would have been telling the truth that we had heard a weather report that it would rain that night even if it did not rain.
1. FoxNews reported that Trump is the most smartest, healthiest, most wellest informed, bestest well spoken president ever, and incidentally has the most bigly hands by all objective measures.
2. Someone I know heard the report and trolled me about it.
3. The moment I heard it, I knew it was
alternate facts a lie because of the original source.
There is also an issue of credibility. Even believeability if the source is respected.