IMGN expects to raise 90.6M and priced at 4.25/share | IMGN Message Board Posts

ImmunoGen, Inc.

  IMGN website

  • Important Upgrade Notice: 


    At 9 pm Central, Sunday 2/16/2020, we launched the following tools as Phase One of our Premium Plus service (full service package still under development): 

    1) Customizable Scrolling Ticker
    2) Portfolio Manager
    3) Stock-specific News & Trading Email Alert Notifications

    These products are immediately available to Precious Metal & Gemstone Patrons. 

    To watch a tutorial on the "regular" site, click here. On "premium," click here


IMGN   /  Message Board  /  Read Message

 

 






Keyword
Subject
Between
and
Rec'd By
Authored By
Minimum Recs
  
Previous Message  Next Message   Post Message   Post a Reply return to message boardtop of board
Msg  50298 of 50346  at  1/23/2020 10:04:22 AM  by

Bibliobiftek

The following message was updated on 1/23/2020 11:33:51 AM.

 In response to msg 50295 by  erniewerner
view thread

Re: IMGN expects to raise 90.6M and priced at 4.25/share

In the event SORAYA fails due to execution, heads should roll, but having the funding to make it through what would then be their last shot in MIRASOL on hand would make sense for value preservation. A failure due to an unforeseen shortcoming in the drug would doom the company though.
 
If SORAYA succeeds, there are still several reasons to raise some money now:
 
1) They have a plethora of trials they could run for MS and 632 as well as a new drug to IND besides SORAYA and MIRASOL; these may be a better investment of current equity in return for slightly earlier future returns (before either competition or a patent cliff) than taking a steadfast refusal to dilute at all before SORAYA.
 
2) A macro market downturn may make raising money less attractive when forced to do so by a trial's end date. This is likely moot because I expect at least a $1.5B valuation should SORAYA read out around 30% ORR under normal circumstances, however the small chance of not having a cash cushion and having to raise money during a market crash is not something I want them to have to do.
 
3) Finally, doing an ADC launch is more expensive than other types of drugs (small molecule, biologics, though not CAR-T types); manufacturing ADCs is not cheap:
 
 
("In fact, Roche decided late last year to spend $200 million to build its own production facility in Basel, Switzerland, to support Kadcyla and another eight ADCs in its clinical pipeline. Custom chemicals firm Lonza, which also manufactures Kadcyla, is investing $15 million to add a second commercial-scale ADC facility in Visp, Switzerland, later this year.") 
 
I think having some clarity on a cash runway all the way to a US launch and hence some flexibility in choosing a ROW partner (perhaps even after MIRASOL reads out) is prudent. We'll see where this thing closes today but from the initial looks of it, the street seems to have been looking for some clarity for funding MS through a domestic trial.
 
 
 
 


     e-mail to a friend      printer-friendly     add to library      
| More
Recs: 0     Views: 302
Previous Message  Next Message   Post Message   Post a Reply return to message boardtop of board






About Us  •  Contact Us  •  Follow Us on Twitter  •  Members Directory  •  Help Center  •  Advertise
Not a member yet? What are you waiting for? Create Account
Want to contribute? Support InvestorVillage by donating
© 2003-2019 Investorvillage.com. All rights reserved. User Agreement
   
Financial Market Data provided by
.


Loading...