Proactive steps to market Marcellus/Utica hydrocarbons: Antero Resources
At its recent quarterly report, Antero gve details on its mrketing efforts for ngls and n.g. These include:
1. Becoming the first shipper on Mariner East II to move 51.5kb/d of ngls to Marcus Hook, Pa: 11.5kb/dethane + 28kb/d propane + 12kb/d butane.
2. A contract to export 11.5kb/d of ethane (see #1) to an Austrian petrochem, Borealis, for an ethylene cracker in Sweden. This is the second export commitment via Marcus Hook - after the Ineos/Range Resources deal. Still no word on committed buyers from EPD's 240kb/d GC ethane export terminal (though there are rumors Sabic is interested).
3. A commitment of 30kb/d of ethane (out of needed 60kb/d) to the planned Ascent ethylene cracker in Wood County, WV.
4. A commitment to supply 25kb/d ethane to the planned Shell ethylene cracker near Pittsburgh.
5. A contract to supply 200mmcf/d to Cheniere's LNG export terminals on Sabine Lake.
6. Purchase of 3.4Bcf/d of transport capacity starting in 2016 away from SW Pa. Given present production of 1.0Bcf/d, Antero will be marketing this capacity until needed.