|FRONT SECTION |
Voter Anger Sweeps Europe
French voters elected François Hollande as president on Sunday, giving France a Socialist leader who has pledged to shift the burden of hardship onto the rich and resolve the protracted euro sovereign-debt crisis by softening the current prescription of austerity.
European Banks Stash Their Cash
Some of Europe's biggest banks are increasingly hoarding their cash at central banks, anxious that the continent's crisis could intensify and leave them with bigger problems.
• What's News—
• Loss of Faith in Sarkozy Lifted Rival
• Greeks Court Chaos in Mass Protest Vote
• Challenge to Austerity, And Germany, Is Sharpened
• Serbia Runoff Will Pit EU Supporter Against Nationalist
• Merkel's Coalition Appears to Suffer Loss in German State
• Voters Agree on One Thing: Discontent
• Basel III: Don't We Have Enough Problems?
• Border Delay Data Leave Fliers Up in the Air
• Thousands Protest Putin Inauguration
• U.K. Sticks With Banking Reforms
• Obama Takes On Romney in Virginia, Ohio
• Guantanamo Judge Grapples With Disruptive Terror Suspects
• THE OUTLOOK: For Most Graduates, Grueling Job Hunt Awaits
• U.S. and China Discuss Chen's Future
• Clinton Targets Rights in Bangladesh
• Turkish Leader Visits Syrian Refugees
• Jail Term Snarls Mongolia Election
• For Big Oil, the Libya Opening That Wasn't
• U.S. Delays Afghan Outpost
• Keeping 'Speedboats' Afloat
• Mistakes and Mixed Signals As China Drama Unfolded
Hollande's center-left model should be Gerhard Schröder.
The New Greek Extremism
Voters are giving up on the political mainstream in Athens.
Beijing Grips Harder
Anger at the party overcomes fear.
• BUSINESS WORLD: The Austerity Misdirection
• STEPHEN MOORE: 'Press 9 for More Options'
• DANIEL DORON: The Crony System That Makes Israelis Poorer
• How the Past Comes Into Play
|FRONT SECTION |
Samsung Aims to Get in Touch With Media Players
Samsung's Galaxy Player 3.6, is a connected media player that can make voice and video calls, and send text messages with Wi-Fi.
THE DIGITAL SOLUTION
A Wedding App That Gives the Guests a Part
Before the wedding, the couple-to-be can create an app to keep their guests informed and involved.
• The Nomad Returns to England
• Tip of the Day
• Perfect Fit: to Some Outfits, Nothing Speaks Like 'Bespoke'